Electricity helps make life better in your home daily. You use electricity daily to cook, heat, power your entertainment units, secure your home, and so on. The number one risk caused by electrical appliances in any home is shock and fire.
You can take precautions against these risks by ensuring your appliances’ power cables are well insulated and the power sources are safe. Broken appliances should be replaced or repaired by an expert and after using any appliance, disconnect it from the power source.
Check power cables before you plugin
Power supply cables get worn out and expose the wires. If you are not aware, you can accidentally touch the exposed part and get an electric shock. Before you plug your electrical appliance into the power source, check the cable for any naked wires.
If you find any, do not plug in the appliance because you can cause short-circuiting which carries a higher risk of an electrical fire. Instead, seek help from a local electrician on call .
Replace worn-out power cords
Cables get worn out due to overloading, overworking, or aging. Although it is a rare occurrence, rats can find their way into your house and eat the cables leaving them exposed. You can use electrical tape to insulate them or buy new ones.
If you don’t have any experience with replacing electrical cables, a licensed electrician can help. You should always buy power cables from authorized electrical stores.
Do not overload
Overloading electrical equipment occurs when you plug in so many gadgets from one power source such as a multi-plug. As they compete for power, the plug can begin sparking which can result in fire.
The sparking also has the potential to destroy your electrical equipment because of fluctuating power. You should connect each appliance directly to a power socket instead of using a multi-plug that taps power from one socket but supplies 5 appliances.
Disconnect appliances after use
Many people use their appliances and then forget to unplug them after use. Some appliances like heaters and electric iron boxes will continue to heat and cause the risk of fire. Others will continue to consume energy and cause huge electricity bills.
Whenever you want to use any electrical appliance, first treat it as if it were connected to power. It will be safer to confirm if the appliance is plugged in power before touching it. You can always get help concerning electrical appliances by searching online for a local electrician near me .
Your electrical appliances repair expert just a call away
Expert electricians advise you not to try repairing your electrical appliances by yourself unless you are trained. It will protect you from electrocution and your house from catching fire.
Always call a trained electrician to handle the repairs of your electrical appliances. We are experts in the repair of all household electrical appliances. If you have any appliances to repair or need more information, call us on (818) 492-4115 .
Be the first to start a conversation